Malaysian twining program are making studying abroad more affordable options for those students who wish to study in Malaysia and abroad as well. The twinning program allows students to study a portion of their study (course) in Malaysia and then transfer to another university in another country to complete their studies. Many Malaysian universities have partnered with highly reputed universities in foreign countries to make easier to transfer credit for students.
Many Malaysian universities like Sunway University have established partnership with American universities like Western Michigan Universities and Australian universities. Credit from Malaysian Universities can be transferred to universities in the countries like: The UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, France, Germany, Australia etc.
Credit can be transferred on the basis of
- ‘2+1’ twinning degree programs that lead to a foreign university degree
- ‘3+0’ degree programs that lead to a foreign university degree
- Foreign university degree qualifications from foreign universities located in Malaysia
- Dual-award degree program from Malaysian home-grown universities
- American Degree Transfer Programs in Malaysia that lead to the award of a foreign university degree (2+2 mode or 4+0 mode)
- Australian and UK Transnational Education (TNE) – Australian and UK degree transfer programs that lead to a foreign university degree qualification
- Foreign universities’ external degree programs that lead to a foreign degree qualification